Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had Thanksgiving at our house this year. My Mom, two of my brothers & my sister came, it was a total of about 20 people. It was so much fun to get together. The food was sooo good of course I ate way to much of it. After Thanksgiving dinner we all relaxed for awhile, the guys & the kids played the two Wii Systems we borrowed. They had a lot of fun. The girls made this really cute craft that my sister brought for us, it took awhile to get it done, but everyone's turned out cute. My sister, me & Dayna decided it would be fun to try the whole "Black Friday" thing, my friend Loretta has been going for the past 10 years & gave us all the info on what to do. So we got up at 3am, after a whole 1 1/2 hrs of sleep. We left about 3:30 with our warm coats, camp chairs & blankets. We stopped at the gas station and got some hot cocoa. We drove to Target, when we got there we were so excited to see only about 20 people in line so far. It was about 4am and the store wasn't opening till 6. We made ourselves comfortable with our chairs & blankets, & waited. Dayna needed to go to the bathroom after about an hour, but there wasn't anything open, so I told her to not to move & she'd be ok, but she kept bugging to take her somewhere, there was no way I was leaving the line though, luckily the lady behind us heard her & told her the sports store was open now, so Dayna left & got back just in time . They opened the doors, & people started running , so we did to, straight back to the toy department. I can't tell you what we bought, just in case my kids read this, but we got some great deals. We were going to go to some other stores too, but we were way to tired so we went home & took a nap. I haven't decided if I will do it next year or not.
So I took some pictures of Thanksgiving & us sitting in front of Target, with my new camera but they didn't turn out for some reason. I really have issues with cameras don't I. Well hopefully the pictures my sister took turned out. She will probably put them on her blog soon, I can't wait to see them.

2 comments:

The Wies Family said...

I love the new blog look! You'll have to check out my blog. My background is very similar.

Anderton Family said...

I love your blog it is soo cute!