Has one of your kids ever begged and begged for something they want so earnestly and for so long that you finally give in? Well that's what happened with my son Jason, he's been wanting a dog for as long as I can remember. Lately I've been telling him we can't get one until we have our backyard fenced, but since we've lived here 5 yrs and it's still not done, I think Jason figured that it never would be, so we couldn't use that as an excuse anymore. I finally told Jason that if he earned half the money for a dog, then we would go look at some. Jason did various yard work for us and other people, plus some babysitting to earn the money, so then we had to take him dog shopping. We went to the Humane Society in Salt Lake. I told Jason he needed to look for an older dog, since we've had puppies before and they are a big pain. I also told him that it had to be ok with Adam touching it. It didn't take long to find the dog he wanted it's 4 yr old golden lab retriever, it's info said it was already housebroken, loves kids, easy going temperment , the only thing it doesn't like are cats. They let you take the dog outside and play with it, it loved Jason, didn't mind Adam playing with it and it's not one of those hyper dogs that jumps up on you. So if we had to get a dog, this one looked like the best choice. She was already named "Shelby" so we decided to keep her name, she has grown up with it, I guess she lived with a family before, but they had to move and couldn't take her with them. We've had her for about 5 days now and she is doing pretty good, she's had a few accidents, probably cause she is getting used to her new surrounding. Overall she is a good dog, and Jason is sooo happy to have her. Some things you just have to do for your kids, even if you don't really think it's a good idea. Hopefully it was

a good decision.
SHELBY
1 comment:
After my kids met Shelby last week I asked them if they liked the new dog. Mason's response, "Doggy scared Me." He said it very monotonous. It was funny. Braden had to agree. Maybe they were just a little scared by Shelby's size, because I found her to be perfectly delightful.
Post a Comment