We had a nice memorial weekend, we decided to camping together as a family, we haven't done that it a while, usually we have other people with us. We thought it could be a nice family bonding time. We didn't have a camping spot reserved, so we just hoped we could find something last minute. I can't believe how much work it took just to plan food, clothes etc for 3 days. I also had to pack the stroller and portable crib for Adam. I made this big pile of stuff that needed to be loaded in the van, Tad would just get my pile packed an come back in and there would be a bunch more stuff, he said he didn't know if he could fit it all in, but somehow he did and we were on our way. We drove out to Vernon Reservoir, it's about 45 min SW of here, we got really lucky and found a fairly nice camping spot, it was kinda close to the road and a little far from the closest potty, but it worked. We got our little camp set up, by then is was about 8pm and we were starving so we cooked some hamburgers and hot dogs, then roasted marshmallows for dessert. Sitting around the fire talking and roasting marshmallows is my favorite part of camping. We were all really tired so we went to bed about 10pm. The next morning Tad and Jason went fishing on the lake, the rest of us tried to sleep in , but there were ATV's speeding by making tons of noise, that was the only bad thing about camping by the road. Since Tad and Jason were gone fishing we didn't really have much to do, plus I neglected to pack any form of entertainment, except for a few games and Adam kept trying to play too, and that didn't work out so well. I wish I had remembered a ball or frisbee or something. I didn't even bring a book to read. So the 4 of us were pretty bored all day Saturday. I kept trying to get my kids to talk to me about stuff, but they said they already told me everything, so we just sat there staring at each other, finally Adam went down for a nap so we took a nap too. Saturday night we ate dinner and had some more marshmallows, Dayna and I tried to convince Tad and Jason that we needed to go home on Sunday cause we were sooo bored. Jason didn't want to, but Tad said maybe. After we went to bed, it started raining and raining and raining, it was so loud on the top of the tent that I couldn't sleep. Of course Tad and Jason got up early again and went fishing, it was raining still so Dayna, me Adam and Ryan got in the van and turned on the heat, we listened to music and then started playing hang-man and the dot game, cause we were so bored. Finally Tad and Jason came back and said it was ok with them if we went home. So we packed everything up, just as we were ready to put the tent down, it started down pouring and then it started hailing. Me, Dayna and Adam stayed in the van, but the other 3 got soaked to the skin. They just had the throw the tent in wet. We finally got everything in and headed home. On the way everyone was calling out who got to take a shower first. We made it home unpacked, took showers and relaxed the rest of the day. Monday we decided to take the kids swimming at the Scera swimming pool in Provo. It was a little cool outside, just in the low 70's but it was still fun. Afterwards we got lunch and ate it at the Scera park. It was really nice. I think our family had some nice moments, but I was sure disappointed about the whole family bonding thing, I wish it had been better. Next time we will have to plan a little better. I wish I was more of an outdoor girl, but I don't enjoy camping that much, expecially if it's raining. I'm just glad that Tad and Jason had a lot of fun fishing. Tad doesn't get much time to do the things he enjoys. so it

wa





s worth it to

go for

him





1 comment:
I know what you mean! I think we go camping to realize how nice it is not to go. :0 Sometimes I get so stressed I have to tell my self, "breathe, breathe... this is relaxing, just relaaaax!!"
Post a Comment