I'm a little slow getting this posted, but we had a really nice Easter this year. Even though my kids are getting older they still love to dye eggs, Adam wasn't sure what to do, he just kept squishing the eggs in is hands and breaking them, then he would say "eeew". My kids wanted us to tell the Easter Bunny to hide the eggs really well this year, so it would be really hard to find them. They woke us up at 7:30 to go find eggs, Adam wasn't awake yet so we woke him up. The hunt was on. The Easter Bunny left some easy ones for Adam to find. He sure had fun putting them in his bucket. He saw the candy though and wanted to open every wrapper. It only took the kids about an hour to find all the the eggs, I guess the Easter Bunny didn't hide them as well as he thought. The kids all got new Sunday clothes. We went to sacrament meeting and then left church early. We had Tad's brother Russ and his family here, they live in Colorado so we don't get to see them very much. We had an yummy ham and potato dinner and visited while the kids played together. When it got dark, Tad and I hid eggs outside. We had the kids all get a flashlight and they had to find all the eggs in the dark, they had lots of fun, there were about 80 eggs and they found them in less than an hour, boy they are good!We had Russ & Melanie's two boys sleep over Sunday night, I don't know if there was any sleeping involved though. The next day I took all the kids to see Escape to Witch Mountain. Then we had to get my nephews to their parents so they could catch their flight home, so we met them at Southtowne mall. After they left we went in the mall, we took Adam on the Merry Go Round, he loved it. Then we mostly window shopped, we did end up buying a few T-Shirts from Aerapostale the we buy one get one free, so it was a good deal. It was nice just spending time with my kids. We went to lunch after and then went home. It was a really nice Easter weekend.











3 comments:
It looks like you guys had a fun weekend!!! I love the idea of finding eggs by flashlight. I'll have to try that when my kids are older.
I love your new blog look!
I just noticed that your 3 kids all look the same heighth in that header picture! Crazy hu? Cute picture of them all!
Dying eggs looks so fun...I'm just too nervous to try it. I think my kids might end up just dying my house instead.
Post a Comment