






5K Cake Walk Fundraiser
A member of our Stake Presidency, Jim Hughes. Had a cancerous brain tumor. He had it removed and has gone through chemotherapy. He has had other complications also. As you can imaging their medical bills are outrageous, and since he is self employed he has no medical insurance. So some ladies in our Stake put together this 5K race to help them pay for some of these bills. There was a little twist to this race though. They had cupcakes about half way through the race and if you wanted to you could eat as many as you wanted, but they would take two minutes off your time for each one that you ate. Jason and I both ran the race I was pretty sure if I ate a cupcake I would throw up while I was running, so I decided not to. I did sneak one at the very end and so did Jason. It wasn't my best time, but I haven't really been running much lately and the last time I ran a 5k was in June. I was just happy to finish the race. It was awesome to see all the people to that came out to support President Hughes. If you would like to read his story, his wife keeps a blog its www.wendyandpals.blogspot.com Here is a picture of me and the Chick-fil-A cow that was there.

Wedding
My brother Zachariah got married this past Saturday. It's so weird that my baby brother is married, he was only 4 when I got married. They got married at their church building, we decorated the primary room and it ended up looking pretty nice. My sister Malinda gave it her special "Martha Stewart" touch. I played the piano and Zac's bishop performed the ceremony. It was really nice. After the ceremony we visited with family . We had some free time between the wedding and the BBQ so we took the kids and a few of their cousins up to the State Capitol. My boys needed to go there anyway for one of their merit badge requirements. I took some pictures of them on the stairs. We went to the "reception" which was a bbq at the park, the weather ended up being really nice and it was fun for the kids to be able to run around and play. Here are some pictures I took. I really wish I were a better photographer.










1 comment:
That was fun seeing you again. We need to get together soon so we can actually visit and not be doing something else. I love you!
Post a Comment