For the past few years we have celebrated the 4th of July with some friends of ours, they were the ones that introduced us to all the awesome things they do down in Provo for the 4th of July. This year they couldn't go with us so we invited my brother Anthony's family to go with us. Anthony ended up having to work , but the rest of his family came down. Our day started out early, we left at 5:00 am so we could get down to the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival. We decided that it would be a good idea to save a spot on the parade route first and then go watch the balloons (we've been spoiled past years, our friends family always camped out on the parade route the night before and saved us a spot) we started driving up and down the parade route trying to find a spot anywhere. I couldn't believe how hard it was, but we finally found a pretty decent spot and set up our chairs and blanket. Then we headed for the the balloon rising. We barely got there in time, but it was awesome. We usually eat breakfast there in the park, but the line was so long we decided to get Krispy Kreme Donuts. My sister in law Jeanie and I and the kids went back to the spot on the parade route and Tad and Jason went to go get the donuts. Our spot on the parade route was kinda far back from the road so the kids found a spot right by the road that was big enough for them to put a small blanket down. Tad and Jason got back right before the parade started. The parade started out really well we were just enjoying it. Adam was sitting by us but kept wanting to go up by Jason and the other boys. I finally decided to take Adam up to Jason and let him watch the parade up there. I went back and sat down by Tad. Probably about 10 or 15 min later Jason came over to us and said, "where is Adam?" I said what do you mean? I gave him to you to watch a little bit ago. Jason said he didn't hear me. Adam was no where to be found. So we spread out looking for him. It is the worst feeling to know that you don't know where your child is. I was praying so hard that we would find him. After about 10 min we still hadn't found him. So I told Tad I was going to try and find a police officer, I started walking the sidewalk and I saw that Jeanie was already talking to the police. I gave a detailed description of Adam and said I was going to keep looking for him, Jeanie and Dayna stayed with the cop in case they heard anything. We just kept looking for him, after another 10 min or so (which felt like 10 hours) I ran into Tad & Dayna and Dayna said the police officer told her and Jeanie that they found someone matching Adams description and that he was at the Red Cross tent that was 3 blocks down the road. Tad and I just started running as fast as we could to get to him. As soon as crossed the street I could hear him crying, I knew he would be so scared being with total strangers. I ran right over to him and grabbed him out of the Red Cross lady's arms. I was just so happy to have him back. They made Tad show them a picture of Adam to prove he was ours I thought that was strange since it was obvious we were his parents cause he stopped crying as soon as I picked him up. I was just so grateful to have him back. Everyone paid extra attention to him the rest of the day. After the parade we went to KFC and had a picnic at the Scera Park in Provo. By then we were exausted, we decided to go home and relax for awhile. My sister in law and kids went to go pick up my brother, so they could meet us later to watch the fireworks. After a long nap we met up in Sandy near the city hall, where we watched some awesome fireworks.
My Favorite Film Makers/Actors/Directors
11 years ago






2 comments:
Hey I was there too. It's where I live ya know. I wish I would have seen you guys. I was serving breakfast at my house that morning for the whole neighborhood. we can see the parade route from our apartment!
How scary that you lost Adam!!! I would be in such panic! I am glad that you found him so quickly and that he was safe. Seriously, what a terrifying experience!! Glad the rest of your 4th of July was fun.
Post a Comment