Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Warning!

I'm warning you all that Dayna now has her learners permit and will be driving on the roads, so drive with caution! Just kidding, I took her out for a driving lesson on Monday night. Luckily there are long stretches of road with no cars. I had her practice in our little blue Honda, since she is only 5ft 1in tall I'm not sure she could drive the mini van. She has to log 40 hours and be driving with an adult for 6 months before she can get her drivers license. Let me tell you it was really freaky to see her sitting in the drivers seat, I told her which pedal was the gas and the brake, put the car in gear & off we went, she only went about 15 mph. I told her keep the car lined up in the middle, she kept moving slowly over one side or the other, but after a little while she was getting the feel of it. I told her to slow down by pushing on the brake, she pushed it all the way down & we jerked to a stop. This happened quite a few times, but after a little while she got better. I let her drive the car back through our neighborhood to our house, she went in and got Tad so he could see how well she was doing, I think it scared him a little but he thought she did pretty good. We then had her drive back home again cause Jason said he wanted to ride. This time I let her back out of the driveway, it was a little rough so Jason put on both the seat belts in the back seat while Dayna drove around our block.
It was pretty funny. I'm just glad we all survived, including the car. Now she wants me to take her everyday, I don't think my heart could handle that just yet. Now you've all been warned.

3 comments:

The Wies Family said...

Thanks for the warning. I will just have to be wary as a pedestrian... that is until I can get a new car (hopefully this weekend). Just kidding! I am sure that she is a great driver and will be very responsible on the road. I am excited for her!

Anderton Family said...

I can't believe Dayna is old enough to drive! I feel so old now. Your blog is way cute, by the way.

Olga Clark said...

Ha-ha, I still remember learning how to drive(it was not that long ago), it is very scary the first time around. I remember seeing a car and car and freaking out.