Thursday, February 19, 2009

My 2 Cents

I don't normally get too involved in politics, but lately I've been so mad at what the government is doing, so I decided I'd feel better if I put this out there. I've done that math and according to the latest U.S population numbers there 305,850,513 people in the U.S, just to make it easier I figured that half of those people are over the age of 18, so that makes it 152,252,226 people and just to make the math easier, because I'm not that good at it(i hope if figured this right) I rounded it up to 153,000,000 people over the age of 18. Now if you take the two economic "stimulus" packages that were passed , Bush's was around 700 Billion I believe, I couldn't find the exact number, and Obama just passed one for 787 Billion so together that makes approximately 1.487 TRILLION dollars. Now if you were to take the 1.487 trillion & divide it by the number of people over 18 in the US it would come to approximately 971,000 per person. Now don't you think if the government gave each of us that money. We would pay our mortgages, if they were behind-or buy new houses, therefore solving the foreclosure problem & maybe even homelessness. We would also pay off our cars or buy new ones, which would help the car industry, there would be more demand than there is now & would provide more jobs. We would also pay off our credit cards, so that the banks would not be in so much debt to each other & have to get money from the government to survive. We would also go on vacations, stimulating all kinds of travel industries, like airlines, hotels, theme parks & also the gas to get to those places. The government doesn't trust us with our own money so they just keep giving it away to failing businesses so that the CEO's can get richer and richer, they are borrowing from our future, our kids future and our grandkids future. Banking on the hope that things will get better. I personally think it will make everything worse. There is no possible way they can pay back all that money. We are stuck flipping the bill and we didn't get to spend one dime of it. So that's my 2 cents. Ok, I feel a little better now.

2 comments:

The Wies Family said...

I like the way you think! I would love to get me some of that money.

Chantelle said...

I've been thinking about this all day - and mentally spending my money. I wish it were that simple and these crazy politicians weren't all trying to pass their little pet projects in thousand page bailouts.