I normally don't make New Years Resolutions, because I don't stick to them for very long, but this year I've decided to make goals for this year & actually write them down. It was really scary to write them though because then they seem more real. One of the reasons I decided to do this was because of a Relief Society lesson, they talked about the 4 main areas of our lives. Physical, Spiritual, Educational & Financial . We were asked to think about things we could improve on in those areas. I thought about them for a few days and then decided to write them all down, it sure ended up being a long list in almost every area, it was kinda depressing at first. But how do you eat and elephant? One bite at a time, so I am choosing one in each area to focus on first & when I'm good at those ( or at least better than I am now) I will choose another one. It will definitely take me more than a year to do all them, it might take the rest of my life, but at least I'll slowly become a better person. In the meantime for those of you who have to deal with my imperfections , I apologize. Happy New Year (a little late).
2 comments:
I think it's great that you've made some new year's resolutions. I myself have made some but not shared them with anyone. My main goal right now is to try and get preggers so until I achieve that then I can focus on the other things I hope to accomplish this year.
Boy can I relate! It was the old Edinburgh weaver who prayed, “O God, help me to hold a high opinion of myself.” Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by my many, many flaws, imperfections, sins and on and on. But I find strength and hope in Christ knowing that I give Him all I've got (however flawed and imperfect it is) and he'll take care of the rest. You're doing just fine! Love ya!
Post a Comment