Friday, September 9, 2011

My Girl

I know I've been a HORRIBLE blogger lately. I'm so mad at myself . We did a lot of fun things the past few months, but now I can't remember them all. I will try to do better.


Lately I've been thinking alot about Dayna . She recently moved out to attend Snow College in Ephraim. I miss her SOOOO much!




I remember how excited Tad and I were when we found out I was pregnant with her. Then when she was born with all that hair and so adorable. Then we brought her home and I thought, what do I do now? I have no idea how to take care of a baby and how to raise her. I just hoped it would all turn out ok.




She was so much fun to buy cute frilly little dresses for and when she was two she had cute little ringlets in her hair. By the time she was four her hair was way past her shoulders and so pretty. When she was 8 she begged and begged to get her hair cut short. I finally let her. I cried. :(




I guess I'm really having a hard time with how fast the time I had with Dayna flew by! I mean I know I will still get to spend time with her but it won't ever be the same. My boys are growing up fast too and it is really freaking me out. I wish life would slow down a little so I could enjoy things more. I feel like I just go through the motions day by day and don't really "feel" things like I should. I'm trying to work on that but, life is so crazy all the time!




Anyways, I am really proud of Dayna and what a beautiful woman she's become. She is doing great in college so far. One of her room-mates is taking the missionary discussions and Dayna has sat in a few times. Her and her room-mate go to church together also. She is such a good example . She is in the Acappella choir and she is taking classes to get into the medical field. I really am happy for her. Just sad for me :( There are days when I just expect her to walk in the door and then I have to remind myself she doesn't live here any more. At least I can call and text or facebook her anytime. I don't know how our parents let us kids move out with no way of getting in contact with us unless they we were by a home phone. That would be really hard. So grateful for technology.




So I found all these pictures of Dayna growing up, so I thought it would be fun to put them on here. Unfortunately I was really bad at writing the dates on the pictures so I just tried to put them in order by the way she looks. She is so dang cute!! (I know i'm biased). Dayna if you read this just know I love you and I'm so proud of your. Sorry I'm such a baby about you leaving me :)




























































































I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful daughter!!!


































2 comments:

Dani said...

Love to see your blog! I'll start following! :) If you could change your settings it would help me be able to read it better though - right now the dark red font on the black background is really hard to read. Love to see more about you!

Anderton Family said...

Great post Annette! It is so sweet and fun to see Dayna grow up. She is such a beautiful girl! You have done such a good job! Looking through those pictures of her with her teeth missing and big smile reminds me so much of Courtney! Wow, they do grow up sooo fast! I'm going to try and slow down and enjoy it more too! Love you!!!!