Wow! I don't even know where to start. This past summer was so much fun , but crazy. My last post was the 4th of July, but before that there was our Stake Pioneer Trek that Dayna and Jason went on. Dayna did not want to go at all, we had to practically force her and tell she would be grateful we did when it was over. Jason was so excited to go, he always has such a good attitude. They met at the stake center where they had tons of handcarts all ready to be loaded up. They divided the kids up into families with a Ma & Pa. Normally they do the trek at Martins' Cove but the transportation costs were so high they decided to do it up here in the mountains around Eagle Mountain. It was really neat because the kids actually left from their homes like the pioneers did and they could look down at our little city from the mountain as they climbed higher and higher. My kids told me some of the great experiences they had, the one they loved the most was on the 2nd day I think. They came to a really steep hill. The leaders told the kids that only the women were allowed to push and pull the handcarts up this hill. They all thought there was no way they could do it. The boys stood along the side of the hill and at the top encouraging the girls to keep going they even sang Come, Come Ye Saints. Jason said he felt so bad that he couldn't help his "sisters" he could see how much they were sweating and struggling he started crying and so did some of the other boys. This is making me cry as I am typing this, cause I can picture Jason's face as he was telling me this and tearing up. Finally the girls made it to the top. The boys cheered for them and were so proud I am so grateful that my children got experience some of what the pioneers did. Dayna had some horrible blisters on her feet, but she still kept going and she said she was grateful that she went. I am so grateful to the gospel in our lives.Here are some pictures from the Trek.















DAYNA'S LAST GIRLS CAMP
Dayna went to her last girls camp this past July. They went to the Heber Valley Camp. They got to stay in cabins, so Dayna was really happy about that. They made these cute pink Camo shirts. I'm not sure why these pictures are so small, I can't get them any bigger, hopefully you can kinda see them. Dayna said she cried a lot especially at the testimony meeting. It was really hard for her. It was sad for Tad and I also, since we have been able to go the last night of girls camp with Dayna all the years she was in young woman's except for her last. We are so grateful for the leaders and friend she has and that she continues to make good choices, we are so proud of her.





Jason went to a week long Scout camp also this summer. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures at the camp, just this one before he left. He was able to earn 8 Merit Badges included two that are just for the 100 yr anniversary of boy scouting and will never be offered again after this year. He will be getting his Life Rank Advancement next month and then he will start working on his Eagle.

OLSON FAMILY REUNIONWe had our Olson Family Reunion at Tad's parents house. We all set up our tents in the back yard. It was fun catching up with everyone. We went swimming at the Roy outdoor pool on Saturday, everyone had a great time, but got really really sunburned. We had yummy food and played some fun Minute to Win it games. We also did fireworks for the 24th of July. Here are some pictures I took.









No comments:
Post a Comment