Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday

Today was Super Saturday, normally I sign up for the crafts & make them there. This year I wasn't really interested in the crafts so I decided to just go to the mini classes. I went to a candy making class that my friend Kristy taught & it was awesome, it totally inspired me to want to make candy for the holidays this year. I learned a few new things too. You know when you buy a box of chocolates & there's always those ones that have the creamy stuff that's usually white, pink or orange? I found out that stuff is called fondant & you can make it at home, I always though fondant was just the stuff they put on wedding cakes. They also made taffy & had some the kids pull it, it was awesome, the recipe only had three ingredients in it. I'm going to try it with my kids sometime. I also went to this class where my BFF Lorretta taught us about Savvy Shopping with coupons, it's where you use manufacturers coupons & the sales at the stores together & it saves you a ton of money. She had about 30 items on the table, things like fruits snacks, instant oatmeal, razors, deordorant, ziploc bags etc. She asked how much we though she paid for it, people said probably about 30 dollars. But that was way off, she got it all for $2.89 just using her coupons. I'm in the process of learning how to do this. I'm so excited to save lots of money.
Tonight Tad & I are going to go chaperone a Stake dance, Dayna is going & we haven't even told her we are going to be there, cause we are going to spy on her & tease her sooo bad, I can't wait. I'll try to get back on here & tell you how it goes.

1 comment:

The Wies Family said...

Sounds like a fun day. I wish I could've gone to Super Saturday. Maybe next year...